Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

I Can Do It!

Have you ever looked back after completing a long and arduous task and thought, “How did I ever do that?”  I have over the years!  But I have also come to realize that both Piper and I held special abilities, giftings and talents to write, organize and run big productions!  Be it a dinner for teachers in high school, a youth singing and comedy presentation, children’s plays and musical productions, original Vacation Bible Schools, church or family camping adventures, church dinners or even extended family dinners during the holidays, we loved to do them and relished the unique challenges of each and every event.

Then, when Piper got sick and needed an advocate for all her needs, it was almost like God had used all those other events as practice for the most important event in my life!  By the time we got back home to Sana Rosa in 2009, we had established a plan and were proceeding with each step as we believed that the Lord was leading us.

Psalm 37:24 tells us that,

“The steps of the God-pursuing ones follow firmly in the footsteps of the Lord, and God delights in every step they take to follow him.” (TPT) 

We quickly discovered that it was very important for us to follow in God’ footsteps rather than in the offbeat suggestions of man.  A life-long favorite scripture of mine in Philippians 4:13 continues to encourage me today as I have made it to be a personal confession of mine declaring that,

“I can do everything God asks me to do, with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power (along with the means and abilities needed.)”                       (The Living Bible)

Looking back as Piper’s medical condition began to be made known and grow worse from 2007 through 2018, as well as with every other big project that the Lord set before us previous to those years, I can clearly see the same pattern of God’s guiding hand in every step of the process.  To say that there were new things to learn, figure out and perform along the way in each and every one of those activities, would be putting it mildly!  But God was ever faithful in giving me the tools, information and assistance whenever the need arose.

In Ephesians 1:7-8 the Apostle Paul tells us that the superabundance of God’s GRACE releases in us “all forms of wisdom and practical understanding.” (TPT)  The word “WISDOM” in the original Greek refers to a “knowledge of very diverse matters – both human and divine that is acquired by acuteness and experience and is summed up in maxims and proverbs (ie; in God’s Word).”*

So, “HEAR YE! HEAR YE!” the Bible makes a pretty clear announcement that if God leads us into an activity, event, job or special set of circumstances that we have not experienced before… or may not have the right college degrees on our resumes…

“We can do EVERYTHING that God asks us to do, with the strength and power and the means and abilities needed to succeed!” (TPT – personalized)

And as Piper said many times when faced with a new opportunity like homeschooling (when everyone on both sides of the family around us said that she was crazy)“God said it and that’s all that matters… and therefore it’s good enough for me!” And then she went out and did it along with a bunch of research, a strong homeschooling support group, a ton of self-sacrifice and personal effort and a set-in-cement attitude that continuously said “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” (KJV)

I am still amazed when I see God putting things together for me when I endeavor to take on new responsibilities in response to His requests and leadings!  And at times like these, I can’t help myself in telling others, as Psalm 89:1 declares, stating that,

“Young and old alike will hear about your faithful, steadfast love, Oh Lord —never failing!”  (TPT)

So next time the Lord taps you on the shoulder and presents you with a new and never-been-done-before opportunity… JUST SAY “YES Lord!”, put your trust into Him and the truth of His Word and then stay open to and watch His ways unfold before you!

I hope that you went and/or are planning on going out today in order to exercise your right to VOTE… and along the way… have a great week and keep EXPECTING God’s BEST in your life!

 

*Thayer’s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.