Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Fake News!

In the midst of my personal study of heaven, I came across some information that helped to give me a greater understanding in a concurrent study that I have been doing on the 23rd Psalm.  In this Psalm, David writes from what seems to be the pain in his heart, declaring “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (KJV) 

The idea of “the SHADOW of death” really caught my attention this last week.  The Hebrew phrase “of the SHADOW of death” is defined in Strong’s as “the shade of death or calamity”  In the Greek, “SHADOW” is described as “an image cast by an object and representing the form of that object, or an adumbration.” (Thayer’s)   Dictionary.com explains an adumbration as something that “produces a faint image or resemblance.”

As you can imagine, I have been studying this verse in reference to the passing of my wife and have felt as if David was thinking ahead in time and wrote of me when he penned this very vivid description of my current experience.  When I rolled this verse over in my head for what seemed like the umpteenth time, it suddenly dawned on me as to what David was really attempting to convey with the statement of “the SHADOW of death” and I shouted out declaring “IT’S FAKE NEWS!”  Death is FAKE NEWS!

In reference to Piper, and every other Christian who passes from this earthly realm into the heavenly realm, SHE DIDN’T DIE… She simply vacated her earth suit and the REAL PIPER, the REAL gal on the inside… her born-again, eternal spirit moved on to heaven!  The seemingly final event that occurred to her physical body here on earth was just a SHADOWa faint image or resemblance of what we on this earth think of as death.  But remember… there is NO death, no deterioration and no decay in heaven.

And… from what I’ve been learning through my study of heaven itself… there are NO SHADOWS in heaven!  James 1:17 tells us that, “Every gift God freely gives us is good and perfect, streaming down from the Father of lights, who shines from the heavens with no hidden shadow or darkness and is never subject to change.” (TPT)  On this subject, the Apostle John described what he saw in heaven when he wrote in Revelation 21:23-25 saying, “The city has no need for the sun or moon to shine, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb.  The people will walk by its light and the kings of the earth will bring their wealth into it.  Its gates will never be shut by day—standing always open—because there is no night there.” (TPT)

Psalm 139:5 and many other verses like it, describe the presence of the Lord saying, “You are all around me-in front of me and in back of me. You lay your hand on me.” (God’s Word ©).  So, unlike the Sun that supplies our light here on the earth from its lofty position high above us and creates ever-shifting shadows caused by the movement of the earth… in heaven, Jesus’ presence, which is the source of light there, is all around everyone who abides there… therefore with His glory present from every angle, there is a noticeable absence of shadows.  Which was noted in more than one of the heavenly accounts I read about.

With my personal experience… I don’t know how anyone can face something that has been diagnosed as having no medical cure - without having the assurance that physical death is in reality, FAKE NEWS and that one’s born-again spirit will live on forever in the presence of the Lord, where as Ephesians 1:4 and Psalm 16:11 describes them as “Holy, Happy and Perfect!”

Sure, I miss Piper.  Sure, my heart is broken from the loss of her physical presence enhancing my life… but at the same time, I rest in peace and joy in KNOWING that everything that I ever desired for her is now being COMPLETELY met for eternity in heaven… and sooner than later, I will see her again! 

And from everything I’ve learned concerning heaven’s time and earthly time… what may be a 20-30 year wait for me… won’t be but about an 8-minute wait for Piper… She’ll probably look at me and casually say “Hi!” and act like I just came in from the front yard after getting the mail! (while I’ll be a basket case of emotion!)

So… Thanks to former President Trump… whenever I hear the now often used term FAKE NEWS -  I’m gonna Praise the Lord and thank Him that I and every other Christian I know… will NEVER DIE!  Our physical remains may stay on this earth… but our born-again spirits… the real you and me on the inside… will live on and on for eternity… with Jesus in heaven… where there are NO SHADOWS!

And in case you’re not sure of that happening to you… All it takes is for you to invite Jesus into your heart as your personal Savior and Lord.  The Bible in Romans 10:9-13 describes the process saying,

“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and you believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.  For with the heart, one believes resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.  For the Scripture says, ‘Whoever believes on Him shall not be put to shame.’  For there is no difference between Jew and Greek (Gentile or non-Jew), for the same Lord of all is rich to all who call upon Him.  For ‘whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.’” (EMTV)

So… Let me ask you the question… Do you know if what you read is FAKE NEWS or but a SHADOW of the truth?

Have a great weekend… and as you do, keep EXPECTING God’s best in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.