Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Will He?


Have you ever ordered anything over the internet?  I must admit that I have enjoyed the ability to sit in my kitchen and peruse multiple stores without having to leave the comfort of my home.  This process has also been convenient in my current situation because I am not always able to get out to the brick and mortar storefronts to shop.  Over the last few years I have never had a problem with any of the ordering, shipping and delivery processes that are inherent with shopping online.
As I read various scriptures this morning about the confirmation of God’s Word, I began to think about how purchasing items online takes a similar type of trust as when we step out in faith based on the Word of God.  A pretty big example of this would be when we bought our new Mustang entirely without physical human contact, beginning with months of online shopping for particular models across the country, followed up with phone conversations and then sealing the deal with the online transfer of funds and the arranging of shipping logistics.
That whole transaction encompassed a high level of trust and faith… although it is not like I was totally on my own as I was led by Godly wisdom and His peace throughout each step along the way.  When the delivery day finally arrived I was fully expecting to see our vapor silver metallic Mustang convertible on the back of the vehicle transport as it pulled into our apartment community… and I was not disappointed!
Mark 16:20 informs us of God’s will and intention of the working of His Word in our lives.  Here the author Mark, who was a close companion and student of Peter and his ministry, concludes his epistle saying: “And they went forth, and preached everywhere the Lord working with and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” (KJV - If you remember yesterday’s post you’ll recall that the word “them” between with and confirming is not actually in the original language)
When I read this verse I get the very vivid idea that the individuals who went out and preached God’s Word (ie; the gospel = see verse 15) fully expected to have Papa God’s help and confirmation demonstrated through the word that they preached.  They expected results.  They expected God’s Word to do what It said it would do as they spoke it out.
Let me ask you a question today.  Do you expect God’s Word to do what it plainly says it will do when you speak it out into the situations of your life as well as into the lives of those you may also speak the Word into?  I have to tell you that this understanding and expectation is the ONLY thing that keeps me going as we stand for my wife’s health.  Without that understanding and trust in Papa God, I would have nothing to stand on but the bad medical reports and the pity of those who do not understand the will of God.  And that is a pretty shaky platform folks!
For me it comes down to the thought of who’s understanding and love and peace am I going to depend on… my limited natural understanding, human affections or a peace that’s based on the fickle, roller-coaster uncertainties of what I can see, hear, touch or feel or God’s ability to do “exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ask or think”, the love of Christ “which goes far beyond any knowledge” and His peace “which goes beyond anything that we can imagine.” (See Ephesians 3:19-20 and Philippians 4:6-7)  In my book… God gets the nod EVERYTIME – no matter what anyone else around me may think, say or do!
How about you?  Comparing our faith in the online procedures of commerce really can’t compare to our faith in Papa God and His Word working for us, but hopefully you get the idea that I am trying to express to you!  So what will it be for you?  Are you expecting God to confirm His Word in your daily life?  Think about it… then ask yourself… “What AM I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.