Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Spill...


Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seemed to be going right from the get-go?  Have you ever received some great revelation from God’s Word and then immediately get tested to see if it stuck in you or not?  Well, that explains my morning today!  I was feeling pretty exhilarated after reading from John 14:27 as I headed from the kitchen to help my wife up for the day.  After hearing Jesus talk about His peace and His encouragement to “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid,” (MKJV) I found myself walking with a bit of a swagger as I entered the bedroom.


When I got to her side I noticed that she was dealing with a heightened case of the shakes and jolts that is an effect of the Myoclonus that attached itself to the Alzheimer’s.  So, okay… I took a deep breathe, kept smiling and began to automatically speak out what God says about the situation.  After about fifteen minutes of the Word she had calmed down some, so we went to the next step of pulling back the covers and helping her up to the edge of the bed.  Everything seemed to be going well at that point as I helped her into a sweater, combed her hair and gave her a sip of some juice mixed with one of her meds.


Great!  We got it under control… or so I thought until I bumped the tumbler of juice against the nightstand and spilled its contents all over the bed and the floor…  I have to be honest here… that as something flickered deep inside me, my first thought was to pick up the cup and toss it across the bedroom!  But in an instant, the words “Let not your heart be troubled” overrode my initial reaction and I stopped and said out loud to my wife and I, “Oh NO you don’t!” and I forced myself to say “Ha! Ha! Ha!”  And you know… an almost instantaneous peace overwhelmed me and the forced “Ha!” became a natural and spontaneous laugh of joy that changed the atmosphere in that room!
Now as my wife sits next to me at the kitchen table and is humming along with the Keith Green song that is playing on Pandora (“I Can’t Believe It” is the song being sung…) I have to smile again at the victory that always comes as we yield to and work the Word into the daily events of our lives.
 
“Oh I can’t believe that You’d give everything for me
 I can’t believe it no, I can’t believe it no, no
 I know You never lie and so I’m giving up my pride
 So I can receive it yeah
 I just want to receive it in my heart and make the start with you
 Lah, lah, lah”  (Keith Green – I Can’t Believe It – chorus)

II Corinthians 2:14 tells us “Now thanks be unto God, which always (how often – ALWAYS!) causes us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.” (KJV)  So… are you being tested in your life today?  Maybe it is the time to give up your pride and receive what He says He will do for you!  You know…  TRIUMPH sounds pretty good about now… wouldn’t you agree?
Have a great week!  Stay in tune to, obey and then work His Word into your life while you keep asking yourself… “What TRIUMPH am I expecting today?”



PS:  It is interesting that this is not what I had originally planned to share today, but hopefully it was meant for someone(s) special!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.