Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, August 5, 2013

The Fog is Burning Off!

When I finally gave up and pulled myself out of bed this morning, following a night tussling with strange dreams and long periods of sleeplessness, I opened the living room blinds to a dark and dreary looking morning!  And that certainly didn’t help the mood I was fighting to get out of!  So what did I do?  I shuffled into the kitchen and got a pot of Toasted Hazelnut coffee brewing in the coffee maker.

From there I sort of felt my way into the study, angled my feet around the dog who has taken to sleeping under my computer desk in the nook that the chair fits into, and began to read my notes from my weekend quiet times on Philippians 4:4-7.  By the time I got to verse seven from the NIV Bible where it says that “the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”  I was feeling noticeably better!
As I meditated on that special place of peace and then read the verse from numerous other translations that I had scattered across my desk area, things began to look brighter around me.  Now mind you, it was still as dark and dreary outside the window as it was when I got up, but I was beginning to see things a little differently!  Suddenly a light went on inside and it transcended the blah, tired and bleak way I had previously felt!  Hallelujah!  God’s Word Works!
Now as I sit at the kitchen table approximately four hours after I dragged myself up, the sun is pouring in the windows, the sky is bright blue, the fog has burned off and the thermometer hanging on our patio cover is rising past a glorious 70 degrees!  That scene outside our kitchen is a vivid reminder of how God can (over a relatively short span of time) change our outlook when we are down and feeling alone in life, into a blooming, sun-shiny outpouring of His love.
Sure, I’m still a little tired after last night’s events, but my attitude is positive and my expectations of God’s goodness happening in and through my life today is continuing to expand.  Why?  Because I fed on the Word instead of feeding my feelings!  Isn’t God Good!
So… enjoy a meal of His Word today and let the nutritional fortifications of His truth turn your dark and dreary, fog shrouded morning into a bright and expectant day!  And then… have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.