Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, September 30, 2011

Foggy Skies!

TGIF!  Yes, it is finally here.  The day that presents itself as the opening act to the weekend drama has arrived.  And in our neck of the woods the day was introduced with a shroud of fog and gloom.  As my wife and I sat at the breakfast table a few moments ago, I caught myself daydreaming about the overcast skies and the upcoming forecasts of rain in the next day or two.  My dreamy thoughts got me to reminiscing about the past…

Many years ago, I had the opportunity to apply for a position with the company that I was working for, in their new manufacturing facility in Oregon.  Having been born and raised in Santa Rosa, California, I was excited about the possible change in sights, sounds, church, the overall feel of the new area, and in making new friends.  Well, everything was progressing well until my wife did a little bit of investigating on her own.  It turned out that the area that we would potentially be moving to received more rain than we were accustomed to in sunny California!  At this time in our marriage we had a little baby boy, were expecting another child and had plans to grow by at least a couple more in the ensuing years.  The prospect of staying home alone, in a new town, in the rain with a growing family while I was off at work did not necessarily excite my wife!  So, needless to say, I quickly yielded to my wife’s desires and withdrew my name for the position change.

Except for our brief foray into the flatlands of Oklahoma, my wife and I have been living in Northern California for our entire lives.  I can honestly say now, that I can’t think of anywhere else that I would rather live.  (I’m sure many people would say that about the areas that they live in also!)  We have a normal summer weather pattern here where it is foggy until mid-morning when the sun will break through in all it’s glory and burn away the overcast.  This event always gets me to thinking about the glory of God breaking through a troubled situation that we may be facing in our daily lives.

When I first get up in the morning (like today) it looks pretty dreary and bleak, but experience has convinced me that the sun will eventually come out and the cloud cover will dissipate, leaving behind a bright blue sky and a few puffy white clouds.  Just before I sat down to write today’s post, I took a jaunt down the lane outside our little cluster home to toss a few bags of garbage into the community refuse container.  On the way back I glanced up between the trees and cheerfully observed that old Mr. Sun was making his appearance. Right on time!  With the forecast of rain that I previously mentioned, I was beginning to think that it might not clear today.  But obviously, God had other plans and continued to do what He does best and brighten our days!

The same is true with our trust in His word.  Past experience should convince you that He WILL come through just when you need it!  Even though the fog or cloud cover that the situation casts in your way may be thick, remember that “with God, all things are possible!” (Matthew 19:26 King James Version).  So forget about the fog, forget about the rain and allow His Son-shine to shine brightly on whatever you may need today!  Have a great weekend.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What BRIGHT Things am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.