Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, February 4, 2023

TEAMWORK

As a child growing up in the Catholic church, I was taught in Parochial school that the red light on the altar, known as the Sanctuary Lamp, signified that God was present in the sanctuary.  And in line with that belief, I remember a story that one of the teaching nuns shared with our older elementary class.

She told the story of another elementary school boy who, in the course of his daily activities, rode his bike past the Catholic church in his hometown.  But this boy, she explained, was different than most kids for he would always stop, park his bike outside the church and run inside for a few moments, before he returned to his bike and proceeded to his destination.

One day the parish priest who had been observing his daily routine, stopped the young boy and asked what he was doing.  To which the boy simply replied, “I always stop by God’s house to say “Hi” and let Him know how I am doing!

I’m sorry to say that I don’t remember the rest of the story, although I seem to recall that it had a semi-sad but sweet ending.  But what I do remember, was the picture that unfolded in my mind when the story was told in class, of the numerous times that I had ridden my bike to the church, on Saturday’s, in the early morning hours to serve as an altar boy at the 7:00 AM service.

I guess it was my way of making a personal connection to the story, and while I didn’t ever just run into the church to say “Hi” to God, I always felt a reverent and special connection to Him whenever I attended a church service.  I would also talk to God in my personal prayers at home… but to be honest, I never really knew if He was listening to me or not!

It wasn’t until many years later when I met the young, vivacious Christian gal that would eventually become my wife, that I began to understand that through Jesus’ death, burial, resurrection and ascension to the throne of God, that I could actually have the very Spirit of God living in me*ANDthat I could know that He would always hear my prayers and respond accordingly.

Jeremiah 33:3 confirms my last statement by prophesying the Lord’s words to us, where He tells us in no uncertain terms to,

“Call to Me, and I will answer you. (and) I will tell you great and mysterious things that you do not know.” (God’s Word ©) 

What impressed me most about the story of the little boy and His daily conversation with God, was the relationship that he must have developed with the Lord.  Over the years since I first heard that story and especially in my adult years, I have diligently worked at having a close and personal relationship with God.  I’ve learned that this type of relationship is very similar to the way Piper and I developed, grew and continually expanded our relationship from our teen years into our senior years together.

The Remedy translation of the Bible explains in Philippians 4:13 that,

“The secret to real peace and contentment is an abiding trust in Christ—realizing that my strength comes from Him; and through the peace, strength, wisdom and perspective that Christ gives me, I can handle whatever happens.” 

The key to the promise of this verse working in us, is in the personal development of “an abiding (or living) trust in Christ”  You’ll also find that in the continuing examination of the pursuit of our DREAMS, it is the most important factor in whether we succeed or not!  It is the secret of the “peace, strength, wisdom and perspective that Christ gives us” as we work through the process of not only following but also accomplishing our DREAMS… no matter how unbelievable you or others around you may think them to be!**

The idea of “mysterious things” in our translation of Jeremiah 33:3 infers things that are “isolated, secret, a mystery or normally inaccessible.” (Strongs/Brown-Driver-Briggs) They are things… ie; words, ideas, directions or hints that God will talk to us about… but only as we strive to continually develop a closer and more intimate relationship with Him.

One of the things that I miss most about Piper, is that I could tell her ANYTHINGthings from the deepest regions of my heart… things that I would and could NEVER entrust with anyone else… simply because I have not developed the relationship with them that my wife and I continually enjoyed and sought after, through our regular time spent together through the years.

That is also what it means to develop and enjoy and ABIDING trust in Christ”  It is a continual two-way inter-action that BOTH of you seek after, desire and do whatever it takes to make it happen!

It is the key to knowing each other’s wants, needs and desires… and how to fulfill them!  It is the foundational core of the TEAMWORK you’ll need with Him in order to successfully pursue and see your DREAMS “(far) exceed your wildest imagination!” (Ephesians 3:20-TPT)

Oooh!  Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?  Have a great weekend, and as you do… keep EXPECTING God’s BEST and keep following your DREAMS with Him!

 

*Scriptures such as John 3:16-17 and Romans 10:8-11 tell us what Jesus did for us and how to ask Him into your heart and receive Him as your personal Savior and Lord, so that His Spirit will come to live inside of you… and empower and change your life forever!

**See Ephesians 3:30 in The Passion Translation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.