Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Piper's Proverbs 1:4


“A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one's strength.”



I mentioned in my blog post yesterday that I am seeing a lot of unhappy people on my occasional trips to the store and during my daily walks with Fiver in and around our neighborhood.  This morning as we began our walk along the perimeter of the city golf course right next door, the quiet atmosphere of the morning was suddenly broken by a loud, angry scream.  When I looked toward the direction of the utterance, I witnessed a golfer stomp back to his cart, stop and turn and then dramatically toss his club back toward the direction that his ball (I assume) was supposed to go! 

It was so sad and unexpected that I couldn’t help but laugh!  I was under the impression that they only did those kinds of things in the movies… but obviously, I was mistaken!  Isn’t golf supposed to be a game that helps one to relax?

Later this morning I read a report where a shopper sprayed Lysol in the eyes of a cashier at a Walmart somewhere, when he or she informed the shopper that they were exceeding the store-set Corona Virus limits on how many containers of disinfectant they could buy.  I mean… come on people!

But you know?  I am not really surprised at the fear and depression that many people are dealing with right now.  Besides the harsh realities of this virus pandemic and the fact that most people are not working right now, almost every time you turn on your TV, computer or phone you’re being bomb blasted with fearfully bad news.  It’s so bad that the I’ve noticed the reporters asking questions at President’s Trump’s daily Corona Virus Task Force updates get visibly upset when he announces and dwells on some of the good things that are going, on in order to encourage the American public and give them a sense of hope.

I have to believe that you are a little bit like me in that I am putting my ultimate trust in this whole thing in God’s hands!  Over the years I have become one of those who puts more trust and hope in God and the truth of His Word than the negativity I hear on the news.  I refuse to give into fear because in the end… I know that my God will prevail… and that is exactly what gives me the ability to walk around with a joyful heart, a hop in my step and a smile on my face.  I’ll not let depression have a hold on me!

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.