Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Go! Go! Go!


“Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.”  Psalm 20:7



I came across this verse as I was doing a scripture reference search this morning, for the phrase “trust in Lord.”  It immediately caught my eye and I had to sit back in my chair at the dining room table and consider the strong affect that this particular truth had on Piper’s and my life throughout the 48 years of our relationship… and especially during the last eight years of her life as we fought in the trenches of Alzheimer’s.

I can honestly say that this is what tended to set us apart from many others and in particular, with those who disagreed with many of the decisions we made in our life.  In the long run though, it was the power that gave us our determination and carried us through to success in our stand of faith… while our detractor’s chosen course eventually caused them to drift away from us.  The decision to continually trust in the Lord is also the power that is giving me the fortitude to move forward into new and unchartered waters… at least as far as I’m concerned!

Now that many of the pressing details of moving, getting somewhat settled and taking care of most of the paperwork and details that are required when taking up residence in a new state are somewhat complete, I’m suddenly finding myself catching up on my life that was sort of put on hold for eight years while I cared for my sweetheart.  I’ve also discovered some health needs that have surfaced since I’ve actually had some time to breathe and relax a bit!

If you know me though, then you know that I don’t really like to sit back and do nothing!  But my body is telling me to do just that!  The battle I face today is that when you’re used to “Go! Go! Go!” it is not easy to “Slow Down, Rest and Relax!”  Anybody out there know what I am saying here?

I was talking to my older son yesterday and realized that I haven’t had a burning desire to go camping like I do now for MANY years!  I looked at trailers a month or so ago with our youngest daughter’s family and more recently spent a good hour last Sunday looking online at light weight trailers and mid-sized four wheel-drive pickups!  Someone told me that in order to live in Oklahoma, one MUST own a pickup!

It is especially nice for me to be free to dream again!  I enjoyed watching my daughter and her husband as they walked through the outdoor RV showroom with smiles on their faces while they talked about future plans, dreamed without restraint and flowed within their mutual trust in the name of the Lord.  Their actions brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of another couple, I used to be a part of!

So yes, the future looks bright… different than originally expected… but bright never-the-less!  I just have to keep telling myself that “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”  It’s going to happen one step at a time and I just need to be patient, slow down and allow time for my body to re-adjust… and I pretty sure that the reoccurring headaches (like I haven’t had in years) are reminding me of that fact!

I hope you all have a great rest of the week, and as you do, keep saying with me… “I am expecting to trust in HIS name, relax while I do it and continue to follow HIS steps for this time in my life!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.