Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, September 28, 2018

That Was Fast!


“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

                                                                         Hebrews 11:6  MKJV 



I was thinking this morning while preparing breakfast, that I definitely received the complete package with Piper.  In every area of human endeavor, physical, spiritual, mental and emotionally, I feel like I hit the jackpot!  And then I understood… and now… in this new chapter of my life in which I have been thrust… God is not about to change His ways.  Hummm… I like that thought!

I was feeling a little down yesterday afternoon and most likely a bit sorry for myself, and began to ask the Lord to make the way for me to develop some new friendships… even while I am still here in North Carolina.  Then I began to thank Him in faith, for those as yet unseen opportunities.  After a while I got involved in some other activities around the house and forgot about the earlier prayer request.  Then a few hours later as I started to think about preparing dinner I got a phone call.

Well… wouldn’t you know how good and faithful God is!  That call was an invite to a special Homecoming church service and luncheon this Sunday as the special guest of the Pastor… who just happens to be one of the chaplains from Piper’s hospice group.  Pastor Randy and I had developed a great relationship over the last year and a half and I had looked forward to attending his church.  So, now I will be!

When I hung up the phone it dawned on me that that call was a direct… and quick, I might add… answer to my prayer of faith, that I had followed by thanksgiving as I believed at that point that He not only heard but was answering my request, earlier in the day!  I also saw that event as a confirmation that God was staying true to His word given to me a week or two ago about He and I continuing to interact… just like Piper and I did for the last eleven years (more like 48 years, if the truth be known)!

You know?  I would be hard pressed to ever question God and His Word when He declares that “He is a rewarder of those who DELIGENTLY seek Him!”  But I would also have to add the stipulation that His rewards come to those who actively take steps of faith in response to their seeking Him.  According to that same scripture, faith is THE way to please Him.  And as I have continuously stated, our active faith in Him and his Word is what kept us going over and through all the bumps and barriers on the road we endeavored to follow for Him over these last years.

So… while I am just beginning this new chapter in my life, I will continue with the same vision of faith and trust in His Word that has successfully carried me so far in this life.  How about you?

Have a great weekend, and as you do, keep asking yourself… “How am I expecting my faith to lead me today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.