Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It Does What?


I have been told over the years of this journey with the attack on my wife’s health, that I am doing a good job at taking care of her.  Some have even told me that they don’t know of many other husbands who would so dedicate themselves to the care of their wives the way that I have with Piper.  I really don’t know about that, but I can’t think of any other way to watch over the love of my life except for the way that I do!

I tend to want to shake my head when people tell me these things.  I mentioned to one of the hospice team members the other day that I just want to be able to do more for her.  Sometimes I just feel so helpless when I see and/or sense the things that she is going through.  There are many occasions when I’ll sit down on the floor in the dining room with my back to the wall (and the dog licking my hands, as he always seems to sense when I’m down!), or when I lay down in bed at night in the dark and cry out to the Lord asking Him what else I can or should be doing.  Well, I may or may not be doing more than others would do… but all I know is that I want to do more!  And each and every time I have done this, I always get the same reply… “just keep filling her with My Word!”

So, I do!  As I’ve mentioned in other posts, we start the day confessing healing scriptures while Piper is still in bed.  After breakfast we read from a Christian teaching book on healing or the miraculous power of God and His Word and do the same after lunch.  Before we go to bed we usually watch a teaching from one of the various Christian evangelists that I record throughout the day and then I’ll confess our healing scriptures over Piper after she is tucked in bed for the night.  And in-between all of that… well, we talk a lot more about God, the truths found in His Word and of His proven miraculous powers available to those who believe.

I was lost in thought about the “whys” of this “saturation process” as the Lord once described it to me, the other day while we were listening to the dean of the Bible school I graduated from as he spoke on Sunday morning during the live-streaming that we were participating in, and was suddenly jolted awake when in the course of his sermon he stated that: For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”  (I John 5:4 KJV)

In a moments time it all started to come together for me!  With his proclamation of that verse, that had become a standard for Piper and I over the years, my senses jumped up a notch and I thought, “Faith is the VICTORY that overcomes the world… and how do we get faith?  According to Hebrews 10:17 it is through HEARING the Word!  And what has Papa God instructed me to do for Piper… SATURATE HER WITH HIS WORD… so that her faith and mine is developed, increased and strengthened!” 

Then it all made sense!  Papa God wants us to have the VICTORYHis Victory… which can only come through our strong, relentless and consistent faith and its inherent dependence on the Spirit, power and life that only comes through the daily, fresh and powerful doses of the Word!  (See: John 6:63 and John 10:10)

Then I literally jumped off my seat when Dean Tad pulled my attention back to his sermon when he stated that “Jesus found Himself in the Word!” and then read from Luke 4:16-21 where it documents Jesus’ first sermon after receiving the Holy Ghost and spending 40 days in the wilderness at the very beginning of His earthly ministry.  The Bible says:

“And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias (Isaiah). And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:17-19 KJV)



The next Verse says that He closed the book and handed it back to the attendant while everyone in the church had their eyes glued on Him.  I wish I could have been there to see the sparkle of excitement in Jesus’ eyes as He looked over the crowd and then gloriously declared, “This passage came true today when you heard me read it.”  (God’s Word ©)

So, with my lightning quick comprehension, I immediately reasoned, what better example to follow than the standard that the Son of God established?  If Jesus can find Himself in the Word, then so can I!  When you think about it you can readily see and understand that the Word of God tells us everything that is available to us believers through Christ Jesus.  It literally tells you and me WHO WE ARE!

So… The more I stuff Piper and I with His Word of TRUTH and POWER, the more we become as He, in his Word, says we are… no matter what discouraging things I may see in my wife’s current physical state.  And if it is true for us than it is also true for you, for Saint Peter stated when he witnessed the first Gentile converts in Acts 10:34: “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.” (KJV)

Like I said: FAITH gives us the VICTORY that overcomes the lies and attacks of the world.  We increase and develop our faith through HEARING THE WORD, and along with all of that, WE FIND OURSELVES in the WORD!  Whew!  Kinda says it all doesn’t it!  This definitely makes me look at my Bible(s) in a new and exciting manner!  How ‘bouts you?
Have a great rest of the week, and as you do, pick up your Bible and freely confess the Word over the situations in your life and say… “What am I expecting the life, the power and the Spirit of and in God’s Word to do in my life today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.