Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, August 10, 2015

Good News and...


I had the strong urge to walk up and down our neighborhood last Friday and hand out cigars… but then I haven’t smoked a cigar since I was in my early twenties and would most likely have turned green if I puffed on one last week!  Oh… the reason behind this seemingly odd behavior..?  Well folks, it looks like my wife and I are Grandparents once again!    Our youngest daughter JoAnna gave birth to their first child at 11:48 on Friday morning!  How exciting!
Both she and Sarah Piper are doing great as well as the beaming father Jeremiah!  They were finally able to take the little bundle of joy home late yesterday, so I am awaiting news on how the first night went!  I was so thrilled about the event that I went online first thing Saturday morning and ordered some fun “first baby” gifts that will be delivered to them today!  The one-day shipping cost more than the gifts themselves… but it was well worth the expense!
Over the last few days I have found myself continually going back to Piper’s and my experiences with the birth of our oldest.  It has been both a sweet and difficult experience at the same time!  Piper was especially weak over this last weekend which didn’t serve to make matters any better.  There were a few times where it was all that I could do to help her get dressed and into her chair before I plopped on the bed in order to rest my aching muscles and sooth the emotional strain. (we're doing a lot better today - PTL!)
But at those challenging moments I forced myself to concentrate on all the good times that she and I have had in the past… and of all the good times that we ARE going to have in the future!  Then I slowly found myself overflowing with thanksgiving for all the good things that Papa God has done for us, all the needs that He has and continues to miraculously meet over the years, and the truth of His Word that continues to shine through the darkest times in our lives.
I was also reminded of Colossians 3:15 throughout the good reports of the newest member of our family and the rough stints with my wife struggling to walk just a few feet between rooms.  At those opposite ends of the spectrum and everywhere in between, I repeatedly heard the voice of the Lord speaking gently and softly but yet with great strength, encouraging me to “let the peace of God rule in your hearts… and be thankful.” (KJV)
Do you find yourself ever thankful and filled with the Lord’s peace through the good and the bad, the easy and the hard times in your daily life?  I think that this ability or gift, is one of the greatest perks of being a member of the family of God… don’t you?  It is definitely one of those things that I NEVER want to leave home without!  I would encourage you to keep that in mind as well as in practice as you go forth about your daily responsibilities this week.
Have a great week.  Stay in tune to His Word and to His peace… and keep asking yourself… “What or Who’s Peace and Thankfulness am I expecting to have today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.