Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ha! Ha! Ha!

You may think that I just might have lost it here but, I had a rotten night’s sleep and I am rejoicing in the Lord over it!  Huh?… you might say.  Well, let me tell you a story. 

Yesterday my wife had a pretty good day.  She continued to show positive signs of improvement as she was getting used to the stronger dosage of medicine.  She ate a full breakfast, some at lunch and demonstrated a bit of an appetite at dinner as she partook of the majority of what was on her plate.  Everything went well when we retired for the evening, read through 50 of the 100 scriptures that we have concerning God’s truth on healing, and dozed off… until about 3:00 AM.  Then she got very restless in her sleep and had tremors on and off, keeping me awake, until I finally got up around 6:30 AM.  When I glanced back at my wife, I could see that she was going to be pretty much out of it when she awoke.

I literally stumbled down the stairs, forsook the coffee and went right into the study.  From there I immediately dove into the book of Colossians and began to re-study everything that I had learned yesterday.  As I poured myself into the Word, I could literally feel my strength returning.  The extra hour or so that I had in today’s fellowship with the Lord was just what I needed.

Just a little while ago as I was speaking to a friend about the morning’s events concerning my wife, I realized that the devil had just shown off his hand!  For at the conclusion of my time with the Lord, He had told me that the healing that He has begun on the inside of her (Mark 16:18) would soon be visible on the outside.  It is with that EXPECTATION that I faced today and on which I began to laugh as it became clear to me that the devil tried to cloud the Father’s reality with a last ditch lie.  A lie that I refuse to accept!

So now do you see why I am choosing to rejoice?  The devil is the father of lies (John 8:44), and if he is trying so hard to get it to look like my wife is slipping away, then the TOTAL opposite must be true!  Especially when the Bible clearly states that Jesus came to give us abundant life (John 10:10) and to heal all that are oppressed of the devil (Acts 10:38).

Ha! Ha! Ha!  Go ahead… say it with me!  Ha! Ha! Ha! – Say it especially if you have the enemy of our souls attempting to throw some lie your way!  Ha! Ha! Ha!

Oh… I feel better.  How about you?  Have a great day.  “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His Might” (Ephesians 6:10 KJV) and “Rejoice in the Lord always!”  (Philippians 4:4 KJV)  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GREAT TURNAROUNDS am I expecting today?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.