Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, October 27, 2022

The FAITHFULNESS of God!

We finally got a break this morning, from the wind and rain that has been assailing us for the last 24 hours.  So, I hopped in the car and headed out to our nearby Target to get a few supplies before the next storm arrives.  I guess that I was feeling a little sentimental and got teary eyed when I began to reminisce over the final eight years of my wife’s life when I took care of her every need.  What struck me in the car was not so much that I was able to do all that I did, but rather of the FAITHFULNESS of God throughout it all!

I thought of the Psalmist’s words in Psalm 23:4 and of how I had lived them and could have very well been the author who wrote,

“Lord, even when your path takes me through the valley of deepest darkness, fear will never conquer me, for you already have! You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way. Your authority is my strength and my peace. The comfort of your love takes away my fear. I’ll never be lonely, for you are near.” 

One of the uncanny things that I recalled this morning, was that even though I was tempted… I NEVER gave into FEAR!  That is not to say that I didn’t have many opportunities presented to me… and to be honest… mostly through the FEAR driving other people’s responses to our situation… but Piper and I had long before learned to lean on the truth of such scriptures as II Timothy 1:7 where the Apostle Paul declared to his young protégé Timothy that,

“God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (KJV)

In those instances when she had a seizure, or other sudden and unusual symptoms and it looked like I might need to call 911, the POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND portion of that verse always overrode any influence that FEAR tried to interject into our situation!

As I sat at a stop light this morning, I couldn’t help but to raise my hands to the Lord and thank Him repeatedly for His constant goodness and FAITHULNESS to us in our greatest times of need.  When the light turned green and I accelerated forward, I suddenly became aware of the driver of the big black Ford 150 pickup next to me and how he immediately slowed down and let me get in front of him!  I wonder what was going through his mind?  I was so caught up in tearfully thanking the Lord, that I hadn’t even noticed if he was watching me or not!  Oh well… I hope he was blessed!

Paul also wrote in Galatians 6:14 that,

“My only boast is in the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus, our Messiah. In him I have been crucified to this natural realm; and the natural realm is dead to me and no longer dominates my life.” (TPT) 

I received an unexpected call yesterday afternoon from the wife of a good friend of mine that had passed about a year ago.  Soon after we caught up on things, she excitedly asked, “Do you want to hear a great testimony?”  And she proceeded to tell me of how, through a long series of set-backs, strong suggestions from others, “coincidences” and people who “just happened to know someone” in the right places, that she, through her husband’s military service in Vietnam, was eligible for and is now going to receive some long-term VA benefits that should set her up for the rest of her life!

Now, let me tell you… She like me this morning, was most definitely boasting in the “crucifixion of the Lord” and in the benefits and freedoms that it enables us Christians to enjoy over the set-backs, FEAR and hopelessness that the domination of the natural realm attempts to put on us!

Like I often say… “ISN’T GOD GOOD” to us who believe in Him and actively pursue the benefits that our fellowship in Him provide for us?*  And you know… If God can do what He has done for me, as well as in the life of my friend and his widow… God can and WILL do the same for you!

The Apostle Peter, who always seemed adapt at taking action before he thought things through, knew all about the goodness and FAITHFULNESS of God and was recorded as saying,

“Now I know for certain that God doesn’t show favoritism with people but treats everyone on the same basis.” (Acts 10:34 - TPT) 

All it takes is to BELIEVE His Word to be true… no matter what the natural circumstances (or fear-filled people) may be telling you, EXPECT for it to happen as He said it will… and then ACT like it is so in your life!

Have a great rest of the week, and as you do… Keep BELIEVING, EXPECTING and ACTING like the FAITHFULNESS of God is working for you!

 

*See: I Corinthians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.