Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

TODAY!

I had a revelation the other morning as Fiver and I were on our morning walk along the golf course, on our way to the neighborhood park and pond.  The ever-increasing green on the fairways that is returning after the months of dormancy, had caught my fancy and I found myself enjoying the freshness of what was before my eyes.  In the midst of all that, the idiom “the grass is always greener on the other side” came to mind and I had to pause for a moment when I realized that I had lived by that saying for many years.

There have been times in my life where I would find myself thinking things like… “Well, as soon as this is done,” or “as soon as that bill is paid off”, or “as soon as the weekend gets here”… and so on and so on!  Am I alone in that kind of thinking?

Ever since Piper’s passing onto glory, I keep thinking that at some point in the future, life will become somewhat normal for me again.  At the end of last year, I felt led to study Jesus’ words in Luke 4:18-19 when He returned from the temptation in the wilderness at the onset of His earthly ministry and declared to those in the temple that, "The Spirit of the Lord is with me. He has anointed me to tell the Good News to the poor… to announce the year of the Lord's favor." (God’s Word ©

I took this as a special word from the Lord for me and felt that 2021 would be the year when positive changes would be occurring in my life.  Therefore, since the beginning of the year, I have been regularly confessing that “this is the year of the Lord’s favor on my life” and that “This is the best year of my life!”

But as I witnessed all the green that was bursting out all around me on that walk the other morning, it suddenly dawned on me, that I am STILL looking out into the FUTURE!  Scriptures like Hebrews 11:1 tell me that faith is always present tense.  It is NOT in either the future nor the past… The writer of Hebrews explained that Now faith is…” and in Mark 11:24 Jesus Himself told His disciples that “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” (KJV)

That, my dear readers is talking directly about TODAY!  So, right then and there, standing with the dog in the commons area behind our neighborhood, next to the golf course, I made a quick adjustment in my thinking and loudly proclaimed that TODAY is the best day of my life!"

And with that proclamation, I noticed that an immediate sense of EXCITEMENT and EXPECTATION dropped into my heart!  Suddenly my hope was not some distant desire looking forward to tomorrow but to the very moment that I was standing in.  Why put off to tomorrow that which you can attain today?  It was like I put down the binoculars that I had been viewing my life with and exchanged them for my readers… and for the first time in a long time… be able to notice and appreciated the fine details right in front of my face!

In my Bible study time this morning, I did a word search on the phrase “This Day” which seems to be how the King James Version most often translated the word “Today” and discovered that it is used 325 times.  That information makes me believe that it is an important idea in the eyes of the Lord.  It would make sense that it is a special point that He continually had the writers of the Bible repeat from Genesis to the book of Hebrews.

Since I had that revelation last week, I now find myself pausing before I swing my legs over the side of the bed in the morning and confessing, with a genuine smile on my face, that “TODAY is the best day of my Life!”  It also tends to pop out of my mouth throughout the day as well, acting as a caffeine-free stimulant to my faith and to my attitude!

This week I have also learned of another important factor to the success of my new daily confession… but I’ll tell you about that additional ingredient in my next post… so keep in tune!

Until then though… start looking for God’s best in your life TODAY!  Don’t wait until tomorrow… I mean… who knows what can happen between then and TODAY?

Enjoy TODAY!  Enjoy the moment that you are living in right now!  Keep your EXPECTIONS high and keep EXPECTING God’s best… TODAY!


·       I also wanted to share the news that Piper’s Mom, Carm Canevari, passed away early yesterday morning.  She had been bed-ridden for quite some time and passed peacefully onto glory.  I was telling my kids that Piper probably had a big home-coming celebration with all the family that had gone on before them in attendance… and I’m also pretty sure that her Mom didn’t waste much time and began to sing a beautiful worship song unto the Lord as Piper played the melody on one of the beautiful white, nine-foot grand pianos in heaven with her Dad adding the rich tones of his bass voice.  Please keep Piper’s family in your prayers.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.