Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, October 19, 2018

It's Shoutin' Time...

I sat down a couple of days ago to watch a program during lunch when something supernatural happened.  Let me explain…

I’m not sure why but it seems like the hour or two after lunch tends to be the worst time of day for me when it comes to my emotions.  It is like my heart explodes as it is flooded with all kinds of vibrantly poignant memories of my wife.  But on this day, it was like God had another plan.  Who says that our Father God is not spontaneous?

After I sat down on the couch, I reached for the remote control and at the same time glanced up to the TV screen across the room.  With our home entertainment system all the electronic devices feed into the Pioneer receiver/controller and then up to the TV which serves as the visual display for everything.  As I unconsciously went to redirect from the Sirius XM Southern Gospel enLighten channel 65 that was on, I suddenly froze as I noticed that the current selection being played was “It’s Shoutin’ Time in Heaven” by the well-known Southern Gospel family group The Hopper’s*

I plopped back down on my seat and turned to Fiver who was totally focused on the doggie dental chew that he knew he would be getting for lunch, and exclaimed, “Let’s listen to this song, I like it!”  The selection was recorded during a live performance and always tends to send shivers down my spine as the excitement and truth of the song come to an astounding crescendo.

Toward the end of the number as they began to repeat the emphasis of the song that “It’s Shoutin’ Time in Heaven!,” my quiet solitude of sitting on the couch was taken over with a very visual picture of my Piper being in heaven, singing, shouting, playing the piano and dancing (You know… she was pretty talented, but I’d never seen her dance while playing the piano before… but who knows what one can do in heaven!).

With tears beginning to freely flow, I arose to my feet, lifted my hands unto the Lord and couldn’t help but be carried away with the excitement of the truth of that simple but moving song:

“Its shouting time in heaven

A sinner once lost is found

Its shouting time in heaven

Salvation has been brought down,

No wonder the angels rejoice to know

My sins have been covered by the crimson flow

And now I'm feeling fine

I'm walking on the highway with my Lord

My name is written down in courts above

Its shouting time in heaven,

Oh yes, its shouting time.



No wonder the angels rejoice to know

My sins have been covered by the crimson flow

And now I'm feeling fine

I'm walking on the highway with my Lord

My name is written down in courts above

Its shouting time in heaven,

Oh yes, its shouting time,



Its shouting time in heaven,

Oh yes, its shouting time!”**



I glanced over to her piano to my left and focused in on the framed print of her playing that piano at home one day and let my mind drift off thinking about how she seemed to step up into the anointing during services when participating in songs like this one.  She would simply glow and her little hands seemed to float above the keys while they flew from one side of the keyboard to the other.  Then she would take the index finger on her right hand and run it down the keys as the tune came to its final conclusion!

I betcha that she is doing a lot of that now!  And like I’ve said repeatedly, as far as I am concerned, she deserves every minute of it!  But what about me… Well, when the song finally came to its last conclusion, I simply fell down on my knees and thanked the Lord for a glimpse into heaven!

It’s kind of funny you know?  I didn’t have a rough time after lunch that day!  Even though it wasn’t anything about me, I received a strong shot of hope and expectation for my future through the experience with that song.  I not only pictured my sweet wife enjoying her just reward, but I received an uncanny peace about His plans for me… today, tomorrow and onward!

One can’t be sad with a spontaneous event like that… as far as I am concerned… I can only rejoice and be glad.  Who knows, maybe I’ll get to the place faster than I thought possible… where in the midst of everything going on, I will be able once again to arise with that “…shout of joy (that) comes in the morning” flowing from my lips! (Psalm 30:5 NASB)

Have a great weekend, and as you do, I would encourage you to be on the alert for the spontaneity of God in your life!  In fact, say with me right now, “I am expecting God to act spontaneously in my life today!”





*.https://thehoppers.com/

** https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/The-Hoppers/It-s-Shouting-Time-In-Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.