Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, February 12, 2018

In The News...


I was watching something on TV the other night where an individual who was being interviewed stated in their story of the loss of a loved one, that they finally got to the point where they had to just give in to the circumstances and let go of their relative.  I must admit that I was half listening to the program but something inside of me instantly went off and I literally jumped off the couch and boldly declared to my wife and the TV with a loud voice, I can’t do that, for every time I have asked the Lord for further instructions in the care of my wife, He continues to show me His Word concerning His will for her healing!”  

Scriptures such as Matt 8:17 which declares ““He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.” (ESV) or I Peter 2:24 where Peter wrote about Jesus’ fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy boldly saying: “He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that dying to sins, we might live to righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed” (MKJV) continually play like a loop through my thoughts.  These verses flow concurrent with one of my all-time favorite statements of Jesus’ to His wondering disciples in Matthew 19:26 where he unquestionably replied to their doubt-filled question concerning how someone can get into heaven saying: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (MKJV)

You see, my Bible tells me in no uncertain terms that “with God all things are possible” and I BELIEVE it!  When the angel spoke to a teenage Mary at the beginning of the Gospels in Luke chapter one, He concluded God’s point and the coming power of His presence in our lives quite clear by telling her in the midst of the seemingly impossible situation he was calling her to fulfill that “no word from God shall be void of power.” (Luke 1:37 ASV) Read that again… “No word from God shall be void of power!”  How many of His words will have power?  All of them shall have His power behind them!  DO YOU BELIEVE THAT when you open up the cover of your Bible?

I read an article on the Yahoo Homepage this morning that was very critical of a recently produced video from Kenneth Copeland ministries where Gloria Copeland teaches about taking an inoculation of the Word in order to stand against the strong strain of flu that’s affecting many individuals.  The article was quick to criticize their ministry and the message of faith that they teach.  It then went on to tear apart many aspects of the Bible including Jesus’ teachings and the evangelical (and in this case the Pentecostal) Christians who have the audacity to believe that the Word might actually be true!

I would note that the Copelands are in no way against doctors or medical science and have doctors in their family as-well as others employed in their world-wide ministry, not to mention the countless medical professionals that support the ministry along with the millions of partners across the globe! 

All in all, the article was very critical of the Christian lifestyle and belief system that many in today’s society cannot phantom as something credible in the face of modern science and the secular society at large.  But you know… it has gotten to the place where articles like this are regularly found in the daily main-stream media.  Does it bother me? Yes!  Do I get upset? Not anymore.  In fact, I now tend to feel sorry for those who write the articles and the unsubstantiated and false information they share from what looks to me to be an un-informed and fearful mind.

Over the last few years I have seen first hand what fear can do to the way a person looks at and then responds to a troublesome situation… and it is not always kind, pretty, responsible or truthful.  For us Christians it comes down to WHO and WHAT we believe.  Do we believe God and His Word to be the WHOLE truth… or not?  Do we just believe in the parts of the Bible that seem to fit within the parameters of the way we see the world and our lives… or do we believe it to be the TRUTH no matter what parameters surround our vision of the world at any given time?

I find myself shaking my head in wonder at times each day when I see political leaders making speeches where they quote the scriptures or talk about how devout they are in the practice of their Christianity, but yet they fully support and fight for a platform that is very adverse to many of the truths clearly defined in the Bible.  From my understanding, the way I’ve been taught and the way my wife and I have always lived our Christian lives, if you don’t believe ALL of it, then how can you believe ANY of it?

Sure, one’s total belief in His Word will many times put you at odds with modern society, but what is more important… looking good and being accepted during your relatively short stay on this earth or living according to God’s standards throughout eternity?

Hummmm….

Have a great new week with many new adventures in power and faith in God’ Word… and as you do, keep asking yourself… “Who and What am I expecting to believe today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.