Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, November 14, 2011

I CAN Get Some Satisfaction!

I am not sure why, but I fully awoke this morning about an hour before I usually get up.  After doddling around for about a half an hour, I finally got the coffee brewing and went into my study to spend my early time in the Word.  I finally figured out that the Lord wanted me to spend some extra time with Him today.

After some time spent in Romans and in prayer, I was led to an old favorite of mine in Matthew 5:6.  I especially like the King James Version of this verse.  In it Jesus says, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.”  The word “filled” is also translated as “satisfied” or “satiated.”  Vincent’s Word Studies states that it is a “very strong and graphic word” that “expresses the complete satisfaction of spiritual hunger.”

I believe that all mankind is searching for God whether they know it or not.  To me it is that same inner drive and desire that will cause an adopted child to search for their biological parents.  People will seek out and use all kinds of things to satisfy that hunger that they have inside them.  It can be anything from destructive habits to accepted activities such as video games, movies, jogging, sports, cars and the like.  The funny thing though, is that none of these things will give the participant the real and complete satisfaction that they desire.

According to Jesus as recorded in Matthew 5:6, thecomplete satisfaction will only come when you go after the things that are right in God’s eyes.  And those things can only be found through a right relationship with our loving heavenly Father and an ever increasing knowledge of His word along with our corresponding actions of faith.

So… if your feeling a little empty today, I would suggest that you fill that void with a dose of the power packed, energy giving, faith producing substance of God’s word!  In fact, take some extra so that you can share it with others!  Have a terrific Monday, stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting Today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.