Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 7, 2022

Melodious Monday!

Okay… I will admit it… Piper and I, along with our two older children, were die-hard A-Team fans when the popular TV series came out in the early 1980’s.  Then with the advent of reruns and DVD’s, our two younger children also became A-Team aficionados in the next decades to come!  We quickly learned though, that not everyone in our circle of Christian friends and homeschool group agreed with us. 

There were those who were quite adamant in their concern for all the violence portrayed in each episode.  Piper regularly got the raised eyebrow at the different homeschool events and group meetings when the subject came up. But Piper, being the most spiritually sensitive individual that I have ever known, would humbly smile and enthusiastically point out the overall sense of humor in the series, the notable absence of people being severely injured and how it was built upon the basic Biblical principle of good always triumphing over evil.  And although she most likely never said it… I’m pretty sure that she would chuckle to herself when the conversation concluded and think “I love it when a plan comes together!”

I recall one episode when the character Murdock suddenly found himself rhyming all of his sentences, with tough guy B.A. continually threatening him with physical harm if he didn’t stop.  But then, by the end of the show, B.A. is surprised as he himself also begins to rhyme his sentences as well!

I kind of found myself in that same predicament when I got up this morning.  Before I completed the three or four steps that it took me to go from the bed into the master bathroom, I found myself singing familiar Christian children’s songs.  Then when I had gotten myself presentable and brushed my teeth, I walked into the living room and greeted the dog, who was all snuggled up on the leather couch… singing songs that I was making up as I went along… where all the sentences rhymed!  It was actually a little funny as I heard songs coming from my mouth, expressing what a good day it was gonna be, praising the Lord and encouraging everyone (ie; the dog!) to join in and sing with me!

After a few moments of this, I finally stopped myself and looked bewilderedly at Fiver and declared with a smile, “I got the music today… there’s definitely a song in my heart!”  Well, obviously, he wasn’t as enamored with my songs as I was and quickly jumped off the couch and disappeared out of sight on his way to the other couch in the study!

A few minutes later, I joined Fiver there and fortified with a cup of hot coffee and a small slice of cinnamon cake, opened my Bible and found a scripture in the book of Psalms that seemed to explain what was going on in the waking hours of our Monday morning.  In Psalm 9:2, David in recounting the wonderful deeds of God joyfully sang,

“I will find joy and be glad about You. I will make music to praise Your name, O Most High.”   (God’s Word ©) 

When I first awoke this morning… actually startled awake by a text from our younger son, I was tired and wanting for the mental and spiritual JOY that I desired to have for the day.  So, without much thought, I began to speak out some verses of scripture that tell of the JOY of the Lord… like Psalm 118:24 declaring,

“This is the day the LORD has made. I’m going to rejoice and be glad today!”

and Nehemiah 8:10 vocalizing that “Today is a holy day for the Lord. So I refuse to be sad because the joy I have in the LORD is my strength."*

 then, Ephesians 6:10 stating,

“Finally, I choose today, to be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might”**

and concluded with the statement that “If I am strong in the Lord and the JOY of the Lord is what gives me my strength… then I therefore must be full of JOY!  

So, according to Psalm 9:2, it would seem that by the time my feet hit the floor, I had found the JOY that David was talking about and began to make music unto the Lord that I didn’t even know was inside of me! 

And what a day it has begun to be!  When Fiver and I went out for our morning walk about an hour later, it was freezing outside with 16 mph winds from the north and a wind chill factor of 20 degrees!  It was C-O-L-D and my face felt frozen… but I want you to know… that my blue lips were smiling just the same!  It is hard to be down when the JOY of the Lord has built you up! 

Wouldn’t you agree!

I’m calling today “Melodious Monday!”  How about you? 

I encourage you to give it a try and see if your lips (hopefully not blue from the cold), find themselves with a permanent smile throughout your day!

Have a GREAT week… and as you do… discover His JOY, find your smile and keep EXPECTING God’s best!

 

*God’s Word © - personalized

** King James Version - personalized

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.