Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, July 10, 2017

WOW!


When I first got up this morning around 7:10 it was warm and overcast outside.  By the time I helped my wife to get ready for the day, the skies had begun to lighten.  As we were going out the bedroom door into the hallway, I glanced out the long bedroom window and noticed that the leaves on the many trees lining that side of our property were beginning to take on an almost fluorescent sheen as the sun attempted to break through the cloud cover.  The sight made me stop and comment to Piper on the beauty of that moment!  It always amazes me to see the changes in the floral tints as the sun comes up each morning.

A few moments previous to this incident, the over-all atmosphere in our neighborhood was grey and a bit dull as if questioning whether it was going to rain or be sunny!  Then in a click of the second hand of the clock, the skies began to lighten and it’s obvious to see that the weather has made up its mind to stick to the forecast and let the sun shine through! 
As I look out the window now, about three hours later, the sun is shining brightly outside the dining room, a locomotive’s whistle is blowing as a local freight train powers down the track outside our neighborhood, the black crows are squawking to each other in the trees and the cardinals are singing as they forage for delicious tidbits amongst the blades of grass that make up our back lawn.

You know… I think that this is just a good time to praise the Lord!  With a hot cup of coffee in hand and a stomach full of bacon and eggs, having just completed a wonderful time of discovery in the Word of God and in the presence of my loving wife and silly pooch as they catch a few Zzzz’z near me in the room, I just have to smile and be thankful to Him who’s loving care continues to surround us with His love, His patience, His grace, His supernatural wisdom and a helping hand in times of need!

Has the whole morning been this peaceful?  Well, to be honest… not really!  Earlier in the morning it was kind of like pulling teeth to get my wife to swallow her breakfast, but steadfast determination, patience, many opportunities to suppress frustration and lots of gridded utterances of thanksgiving and praise got us through the task with flying colors!  In trying times such as these I tend to let my thoughts revert back to the many occasions that the Lord has come through as He has put His arms around me and helped me to push through the rough patches and end up with little victories throughout each and every day!

You know…?  It is hard for me to give in to the anger and/or discouragement that attempts to creep into the situation when I think about how good He has always been toward my wife and I.  Today I am encouraged once again by Paul’s words to Timothy as he instructed him to be diligent in his ministry efforts and to “study to show thyself approved to God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)  As I have studied this verse over the last few days, I keep hearing the small still voice of the spirit lifting me up with the thought that I have nothing to be ashamed of while I seek to follow His daily leading and encouragement in the care of my wife in this her greatest time of need.

When the questions arise and I begin to dwell on the “Why’s, How’s” and “What more I can do,” He always comforts me with the counsel and peace that is part and parcel of the outcome to the personal study of His Word.  Isn’t God good?

So, I encourage all the readers of this blog today, to stop fretting and allow yourself to be enveloped by the loving arms of the Lord!  Take a moment for deep and peaceful reflection of the beauty that is present all around you at this moment.  Instead of dwelling on the negative, find the positive and let flow from your lips the sounds of praise and thanksgiving unto Him!

I get to ride the tractor around the backyard today as I mow the lawn.  It is actually something I really enjoy…  Those of you who have known us for a while know that Piper and I are outdoors people.  So mowing the lawn is actually a great stress reliever for me and being outside always stimulates my wife’s senses!  Every time I pilot the the riding mower, I am captivated by all that I see around me and am easily overwhelmed by the goodness of God as I consider the amazing beauty and peacefulness of this property that the Lord has given to us!  At times like this, all I can say is… “WOW!”

I hope that you all have that kind of day as well today!

And as you do, keep asking yourself… “How thankful am I expecting to be to my Papa God today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.