Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, April 10, 2017

Confirmations


I was thinking yesterday about all the things that Papa God has confirmed to Piper and I over the last nine or so years since we have been on this journey with her health.  I sometimes think that He does this so that we not only can feel His love, but also as a personal reassurance to ourselves. 

If you’ve ever stepped out in faith to follow what you believe are the Lord’s specific directions for you, then you probably have also had the ‘pleasure’ of being told that you are naïve, foolish, in La La Land, reckless, just a dreamer or best yet, that you are not being caring toward a loved one.  Does any of that sound familiar?  They all do to me… so when the Lord confirms a direction that we followed, I liken it to sitting down next to a cool, refreshing stream on a hot day!

But you know… I’ve come to a place where I expect to have some push back when we step out in faith.  Sometimes I am surprised as to where to pushback comes from, but I’ve come to learn that the enemy of our faith doesn’t want us to follow the Lord… much less succeed at what He calls us to do! 

John 6:64 in the Message Bible brings out an interesting point in response to the previous verse that we looked at last week where Jesus told His confused disciples that “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63 KJV)  Then He follows up that statement with another zinger, informing them “But some of you are resisting, refusing to have any part in this.  (For Jesus knew from the start that some weren’t going to risk themselves with him…)”

That verse seemed to answer a lot of “Why?” questions for me!  Throughout this difficult period in our lives I have clearly seen two types of folks… those who do… and those who don’t!  Most folks who have come into our lives during this time don’t resist or refuse to have fellowship with us as they openly link their lives with ours.  But there have been a few that have resisted and refused to have any part in this battle that we are fighting…  Or at the least have played a very limited role in their interactions with us.

So, like I’ve said in past posts, it takes great strength to walk some of the uncharted paths that we are called to walk in this life.  Looking back yesterday, I could clearly see that we moved at just the right time in order for us to land in just the right place here in the countryside two miles south of the town of Fuquay-Varina in North Carolina.  Geez… a few months prior to our move I’d never even heard of the place!  In fact when we moved I knew VERY LITTLE about the state we were led to pick up lock, stock and barrel and move to… sight unseen! 

Granted, my daughter and her husband had been living here for a few years so I knew it was a great place with pretty decent weather for the east coast!  In fact it is very uncanny, that most of the major weather that comes through this side of the country seems to go around us… You think maybe the Lord has something to do with that!!!

Over the past almost three years that we’ve been here (hard to believe, but it will be three years the middle of next month!) I will come across a scripture in my daily Bible study times that will light up my remembrances of things we’ve done and it is as if the Lord is saying: “See, I told you it would all work out!”  Sometimes, like yesterday, they come a little stronger and I feel like someone just dumped a container of ice cold Gatorade down my back as I think… “Gee… I’m not as naïve, foolish, thoughtless or stupid as some have thought of me!”  And I have to be honest… that is a good feeling, but not in a prideful way. It comes instead as thanksgiving to the faithfulness and love of our Father God Who is always looking out for the best of those who seek Him.

So yeah… Following the Lord is not always the easiest thing to do!  In my case over the last nine years, I firmly believe that it was the only option for us to take!  But the rewards are far greater than any other thing or person can ever promise (and most likely NOT deliver on!). 

So, yes… I expect to receive confirmations down the line and through the years after obeying His Word and walking His paths that we have diligently sought out and followed.  And even though I don’t know the time or the place when they will come, I am blessed tremendously by them and find myself ever more committed and more trusting in following the new paths He calls us to walk!  Take a peek at Mark 16:20 and see for yourself what it says about Papa God confirming the Word that we put to work in our lives…

So… How about you?  Have you received any confirmations lately?  If not… maybe something needs a little readjusting in your life… Have a great week, and as you do, keep asking yourself… “Am I expecting to receive God’s confirmations to the actions I take on His Word in my life today, tomorrow or in the future?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.