Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, August 5, 2016

Keep Out!



I sometimes find myself getting a little frustrated when I see some of the things reported in the news, especially during the current presidential election campaign.  I’ll watch a speech by one of the candidates and end up scratching my head when I read the news report the following day where the event depicted seems to be totally different than what I witnessed during the actual event.  

This morning I found myself laughing at the leading headline where a leader in one party was warning the other’s candidate about something their candidate was actually proven to be guilty of!  I was amazed that they would have the gall to say such a thing… and also shook my head for they seemed to be completely unaware of the consequences of what they were saying for the good of their own nominee!  It just served to confirm my belief that some people just don’t have a clue concerning certain moral issues, right and wrong thinking and behavior and seem to be devoid, in many cases, of any spiritual or natural discernment!

I asked the Lord about this the other day and He answered by showing me Ephesians 4:17-20 where Paul talks of those whose minds are “set on worthless things” or “walk in the vanity of their minds” and can’t understand because they “are in the dark.” (Ephesians 4:17-18 God’s Word ©/KJV)  Then He emphasized His point by leading me over to Romans 1:25 where Paul deepened his explanation by stating “These people have exchanged God’s truth for a lie… and serve what is created rather than the Creator.” (God’s Word ©)

Now while these scriptures are in the context of unbelievers, I have come to see how Christians can still have places in their lives that have signs posted on them saying: “Keep Out!”  Areas that are in effect, closed off to the truth of God and His Word.  I have witnessed this in ministry during countless counseling sessions over the years as well with personal experiences in dealing with other’s reactions toward me in the midst of tough situations, as well as what I have seen in myself!

I found it interesting that one of the original Greek meanings to the word “vanity” as used in Ephesians 4:17 lent credence to my new understanding of some folk’s words and actions that didn’t always seem to hit the mark.  Thayer’s Greek Definitions describe it as “what is devoid of truth and appropriateness.”  That to me says it all… but I pressed Papa God for more information and asked why this happens in seemingly intelligent, well-educated and in the religious world, mature Christians.  

As I meditated on this question, I began to have the understanding that these areas that may be closed off to God would naturally then, be void of His love.  From there I felt the leading to go to 2 Timothy 1:7 and I saw it… Without love, the bridge between power and self-control is removed and the fear spoken of in the beginning of that verse steps in to fill the void… thus giving distorted input to the power and soundness of mind that God’s love produces in us!  And the results get mixed up, out of sorts, confusing and well… like I said in another blog post… discombobulated! 

Well, that answered some nagging questions for me… BUT what can I do about it?  Hummm… I guess that one’s not too difficult to answer!  For Christians, I pray the Word over the situations and individuals caught up in these confusing issues.  I pray for a hunger and thirsting of God’s love to rise up in them.  I pray that the eyes of their understandings be opened so that they can see and receive the truth of God and His Word into their lives.  For unbelievers I continue to thank the Lord for sending laborers into their fields to help lead them into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  And for myself… I continue to stay open to the Lord’s showing me those areas within me that need to be swung open to Him and filled with His love and Lordship!

I am too much of an optimist and have too much personal experience of the power and love of God to give up on the people close to me, to my fellow citizens of our great country and for a positive future for the country I call home!  What about you?  Have a great weekend, and as you do, keep asking yourself… “Who am I expecting to pray and believe God’s best for today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.