Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's Amazing!


As I continued my study on the kindness of God this morning, I read again from Titus 3:4-5 from the King James Version.  I don’t know how you do it, but I still tend to go back to the King James Version as the foundation for much of what I read in the Bible, especially when translation questions arise.   And today as I looked at this particular scripture translation I was overwhelmed by the goodness of Papa God!  Here Paul explains, “But after that (our failures, disobedience, and servicing all sorts of desires and pleasures as explained in the previous verse) the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost.”
Sometimes I am just amazed and almost dumbfounded at the love that God has for us!  It simply goes way beyond the confines of our human understanding like Paul described in Ephesians 3:19 when he prayed that the church would intimately “know Christ’s love, which goes far beyond any knowledge…” (God’s Word ©)  God loves us to the point of extending limitless kindness and mercy even when we do or say dumb things!  He forgives our failures and all the other messes in our daily lives that we have a hand in.
Paul told his protégé to teach this to his congregation so “that those who put their trust in God will concentrate on the essentials that are good for everyone.” (The Message Bible)  He also told Titus to tell the believers to stay away from quarrelsome individuals for “that gets you nowhere.” Titus 3:9-10 MSG)  Then he makes an interesting comment saying, “It’s obvious that such a person is out of line, rebellious against God.  By persisting in divisiveness he cuts himself off.” (Titus 3:11).
To me, that is another reason to not waste your time by responding to hurtful and divisive statements.  I saw this scripture first hand as the individuals who talked against us ended up separating themselves from regular contact with us, as well as unknowingly causing those they spoke with to become cautious and guarded in their presence and to this day are less trusting of them.  In modern vernacular… they kind of shot themselves in their own foot!  But… the love, kindness and grace of God isn’t done with them!  He wants to love on them and remove the root cause of their actions and their personal hurt so that they too are free to be all that He has called them to be.  That is another thing I admire about Papa God.  As we are willing… He is always working to perfect us to be more of a humble and loving example of Him!
And like I have said before… I am dumbfounded and amazed at how He continually pours His love out to me, forgiving me over and over again for the stupid things I have repeatedly done!  If He can and does this for me, then I have no right to want to strike out in anger to those who might have a slip up before me.  What do you think?  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.