Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Birthday!


8-14, 8-14, 8-14.  Ah, that is a date that I have come to know better than my own birthday!  It is the day that my lovely wife, confidant and best friend was born!  The question of “what is her birth date?” has become common security protocol and seems to be the first thing that is asked of me whenever I conduct business in her name.  In some places like CVS where we get her prescriptions filled on a regular basis, I automatically answer all the questions about her ID before they even ask them! 
It has gotten to the point that I normally fumble with my thoughts when I am asked for my birth date!  We were actually born on the same day five months apart, so the confusion is a little inherent!  And even though I tend to forget most everyone’s birthdays, the date similarity is the one thing that helped me to always remember hers… Thank God!  We even tried to get married on the 14th of the month but were foiled by the unavailability of the reception hall on that day in June of 1975!
I have talked about the love of my life enough times in this blog that my regular readers probably know Piper as well as I do!  What more can I say?  From the moment I saw her walking through the crowed cafeteria toward me during that first school dance (and our first official date) as seniors in High School, I was hooked!  Her bubbly personality, her strength powered by her joyful spirit, her compassion, her intelligence, her personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, and her “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” attitude, along with her love for me has been a major foundation for my life, and the thing that has countless times, given me the ability to go on when all seemed hopeless!
Whenever I have been asked to tell her story, as I have a lot lately while we establish new doctors and care networks, I immediately share how she had (and still has) the ability to light up any room that she walks into.  Her bright smile and loving acceptance of anyone, no matter what they looked like or may have done, would make all be at peace in her presence.  She also seemed to possess a sixth sense that drew her to those in need. 
In our many years of youth work, while I directed the programs and was sort of the “front” man, she would quietly “work” the room ministering love, hope and joy to those who quietly sat in the corners alone and many times forgotten by the others present.  I can’t even remember all the names of the countless individuals that she persistently ministered to and eventually built up their self-confidence to become vital members and many times, leaders in our groups of young people!  And that gift followed her around the various neighborhoods we lived in, the stores we frequented and with family, friends and acquaintances.
So to my lovely partner in life, I salute you and rejoice in the blessing and honor I have to hold a very significant place in your life!  And even though we may be going through a valley at this point in time, I am assured that it is but a bump in the prosperous and Holy Spirit, power packed life that the good Lord has called you to live!  It is with a confident confession that I stand in agreement with the personal word that the Lord has given you declaring that “You shall not die but live and go on to tell what I the Lord has done for you!” (Psalm 118:17 – God’s Word © personalized from the Lord)
Happy, blessed and joyful birthday Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.