Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Splash!... revisited


As I was pondering what to share today, I quickly reviewed some of the statistics that Google keeps on our blog.  I was a little surprised to see that I have written 808 posts since its inception!  With that in mind, I decided to do some research and read some of the past posts.  Well, I came across one from 2011 entitled “Splash!” that goes right along with the theme that I have been sharing for the last few weeks.  So, just like our local Comcast SportsNet station does when it rebroadcasts the Giants games, I felt led to “rebroadcast” this post.
It actually goes along with our weather here in Northern California today.  It is raining and with our need to travel south to San Francisco for a doctor’s appointment for my wife, we will not only be splashing a lot of water around as we drive, but also splashing the love of God on all we see!  I Hope that you enjoy this post and that it stirs you to action!
Splashoriginally posted 1/13/11
Last night as I was reading our healing scriptures confession list to my wife, I came to the verse in John 11:25 where Jesus unequivocally announced that “I am the resurrection and the life…” (KJV) and the light of greater understanding lit up inside me!  I immediately stopped, turned to my wife and said, “Well, duh!  No wonder we get refreshed and built up when we are in His presence.  It is because Jesus IS the resurrection and the life!”  With that, my wife looked at me with a startled expression, so I reminded her of the last couple of blog postings that I had recently written about being in His presence.
You see, that word translated “life” comes from the Greek word “Zoe” and it describes the God kind of life.  Thayer’s Greek Definitions says that Zoe is “the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate.”  It exemplifies “the absolute fullness of life.”  It is life that is “real and genuine, a life active and vigorous.”  It clearly makes sense that it is the kind of energy that we receive as we spend time with Him.  It just oozes off of Him and splashes onto us!
And you know what?  That same life resides in you and me.  When we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, that life, in the form of the Holy Spirit, came surging into our beings.  The old things were instantly done away with and all things became new! The absolute fullness of His life now lives in us!  We just need to stir it up occasionally so that we can have the same effect of those we come into contact with as Jesus does when we contact Him!
Imagine that life possessed of vitality splashing off of you directly onto everyone that you see today and every day of this upcoming weekend!  It’s like the time many years ago that I spilled a hot cup of coffee on my white pants at the very beginning of my workday.  That stain (in a most embarrassing place – I might add!) stayed with me all day!  Luckily I had the ability to cover it up with a lab coat!  But then, the life of God is not something that you want to cover up!  Just like that coffee, you want to splash it all over your friends and acquaintances so they too, can carry its mark all day long!
Keep that thought fresh in you as you go about your life for the next few days.  Fill yourself up and then feel free to splash everyone in your path!  Have a GREAT midweek.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What (or Who) am I expecting to SPLASH on today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.