Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, October 29, 2012

Leaves Everywhere!

This morning as I was reading some of our daily confession scriptures to my wife, I came to one from Psalm 29:11 where the Psalmist says that “The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.” (KJV)  After I read it in a personalized paraphrase I stopped for a moment and pondered a thought of something from my earlier Bible Study time.  At that time I had been dissecting part of Ephesians chapter three where Paul declares that “you will know Christ’s love, which goes far beyond any knowledge.”  (Ephesians 3:19 God’s Word ©)  As I looked through many of my commentaries on that scripture, I realized that this is one of three subjects in the New Testament that the Lord talks about us knowing beyond the scope of natural understanding or experience.

Those three subjects would be His love, His peace described in Philippians 4:7, and His power or ability in Ephesians 3:20.  These three parts of the nature of God toward us seem to be simply available to us without any foreseeable end in sight.  The Lord gave me the thought this morning that “Just when we think we have seen or experienced it all, He opens up a whole new level for us to see and experience!”  It is almost as if He enjoys keeping us in awe of the extent of His love toward us!

Yesterday as my wife and I were walking up the pathway to our house, I was amazed at all the leaves that were on the ground.  You could hardly see the grass, the flowerbeds and the pathway due to the layer of red, brown and golden leaves that were present as far as the eye could see.  This was even more amazing as the grounds crew had gone through on Friday and blown all the leaves away at that time. 

That thick carpet of leaves that had taken over the landscape in our neighborhood community is a good example of the amount of God’s love, His peace and His power or ability that He continually sends our way in a measure that goes way beyond our level of natural comprehension!  As we walked along I felt like a little kid and enjoyed myself kicking up piles of leaves into the air and then watched them float back down over my shoes in a cascading tumble of fall colors.  That’s a picture of the love and peace and power of God that I want to remember today!  How about you?  As you walk, bike or drive through your neighborhood, take time to notice the leaves falling from the trees aswell as those covering the ground and liken it to God’s love, His peace and His power that He is raining down on you… just because you are special to Him!

Have a great week.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

 
PS: Congratulations to the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.