Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Am I Really a Fool?


This morning as I was reading in Hebrews chapter twelve where it discusses the importance of keeping our focus on Jesus as the initiator and the completer of our faith (Hebrews 12:2), I was impressed to start reading through the Gospels again just to see how Jesus reacted to the daily situations of life about Him.  When I got to Matthew 3:17 a bright light suddenly went on inside me as I read: “Then a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love – my Son with whom I am pleased’” (God’s Word ©)  The thought that illumined in my mind was that “This is what God also thinks about me!”

In Ephesians chapters one through three the Apostle Paul tells of who we as believers in Christ.  In a nutshell one could say that when God the Father looks at us He sees us as being “in Christ.”  Or in maybe simpler terms, He sees Christ when He looks at us!  In I Corinthians chapter twelve Paul outlines how we are all part of Christ’s body and all play a vital role in the spreading of the Good News in our world. 

When someone looks at another person’s hand or foot, they do not usually think “well, there’s a hand or foot,” they normally will associate that hand or foot with whom it belongs to.  The same goes for our Father in heaven when He looks at the parts of Christ’s body here on the earth.  He sees us all as part of His beloved Son!  So… when the Father makes a statement about being pleased with His Son, He is also making that statement about you and me!

Wow!  Let that thought get down inside of you!  I know that there have been times where I have really felt like a fool because of the way I may have reacted to something or to someone.  Then there are the times I may not have taken the opportunity to be a blessing to someone else by uttering a kind word, or by not stopping and offering assistance when they sat in their car stalled on the side of the road, or by not following through on a promise…  The list could go on and on, but you know what?  God never sees you or me as a fool, as being stupid, lazy or forgetful!  I Corinthians 13:7 says that God’s “Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up.”

He never gives up on us, even when we are tempted to give up on ourselves.  The next verse says that His “Love never comes to an end.”  (God’s Word ©)  And you can depend on that solid, unshakable truth today!  God is looking at you right now from the very throne room of heaven and He is saying: “This is my son (or my daughter), whom I love – my son (or my daughter) with whom I am well pleased!”

So then, the next time that you are tempted to get down on yourself, think about how your heavenly Father thinks about you, smile and quickly reject your self condemnation.  Then go out and pass that love onto to someone else.  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.