Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, December 28, 2020

RE-ARRANGING, RE-ALIGNING and RE-CONFIGURING

It was with great sorrow and discipline that I forced myself to individually wrap the remaining pieces of the delicious fresh Holiday fudge that I purchased just before Christmas… and place them in the freezer to be enjoyed at a future date.  It was the one thing… okay, the second thing that I allowed myself to indulge in for the Christmas celebrations.  The other was for a small container of old-fashioned bakery made Christmas Sugar Cookies, of which are already stored away in the freezer.

I have been doing so well on my diet over the last few months that I really didn’t want to blow all the gains I’d made… or I guess it would be more accurate to say the loses I made!  Overall, it has taken a few years and some focused times of dedicated effort to get back toward what I weighed way back in 2010 when I quit my position at Home Depot to focus my attention on the 24-hour care of my sweet wife.  Besides our commitment to keep our faith built up on the Word of God, I’ve come to realize that FOOD had become my other comfort during all those difficult, emotional and stressful times.

But here we are now, some two years after her home-going and I am beginning to feel that I am getting a handle (however small it might be at this point…) on my life.  For me it isn’t about going back to the life we had, because that life just isn’t there anymore!  When we moved to Oklahoma to attend Bible School (the original plan was for both Piper and I to attend) in 2006, everything back home changed!

In the last few weeks, I have sensed the Lord telling me that He is in the midst of RE-ARRANGING, RE-ALIGNING and RE-CONFIGURING my life.  And you know what?  I think that I am finally ready to begin the move onward to what the good Lord has planned for me to accomplish in this new stage of my life!  I sense His Spirit of ADVENTURE stirring up in me a spirit of EXCITEMENT over the new things that I will be doing, the new folks I will be meeting and the new places and things that will become a part of my new life… and I am EXPECTANT of His Word working IN, FOR and THROUGH me unto to others as I aligned myself with what He will bring forth in my life for 2021.

I mentioned in my last Advent Calendar Saturday and Sunday post (12/26/20) that I have recently heard that small-still-voice within me sharing Jesus’ Words spoken in Luke 4:18-19 where He declared to the people present in the synagogue that day, and I believe to you and me as well today saying that: “The Spirit of the Lord is with me. He has anointed me to tell the Good News to the poor. He has sent me to announce forgiveness to the prisoners of sin and the restoring of sight to the blind, to forgive those who have been shattered by sin, (and) to announce the year of the Lord's favor." (God’s Word ©)

I firmly believe that 2021 is the year of the Lord’s FAVOR for those of us who will humble ourselves, believe and actively pursue Him in prayer and in His Word.  Over the weekend I heard from at least two other Christian leaders that I know and greatly respect who are saying similar things!  Is that confirmation or what?  I can’t help but get very EXCITED and EXPECTANT of a New Year that is blessed of the Lord… How about you?

My one bit of advice for each of us, is respond to any negative issue that might arise as you set your faith toward the good things that God has in store for you in 2021, as Jesus immediately told the leader of the synagogue when the man was faced with a negative report saying: “…Be not afraid, only believe.” (Mark 5:36 – KJV) 

I pray that this short week ending in the celebration of the NEW YEAR is a blessing for you and a time where you can prepare yourself for the FAVOR of the Lord that He has planned for YOU in 2021!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.