Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, June 3, 2019

Decisions, Decisions…


I got up around 6:00 this morning and spent a few moments staring at the early morning scene that was dawning before me as I stood at the back window.  The sun had not yet peeked its golden glow over the eastern horizon and thereby forced my attention to more of what I could hear than what I could see.  What arose to my audible senses was the orchestration of singing birds, the faint rustle of the leaves shimmering in a soft breeze and the symphony of a quiet, peaceful and thought-provoking morning.

In an instant I was transported back to the memories of our quiet early morning campgrounds that we stayed in over the years… be it amongst the tall giants in the Redwood forests or the thick pine groves snuggled in the beauty of Plumas or Sierra Counties in northern California.  What came strongly upon me was the wonderful feelings of peace, comfort and joy as I sat alone at the picnic table with a hot cup of coffee, my open Bible and my trusty Geodex notebook, that still sits next to me as I study the Bible today!

Since it was still a little early for me to get up today, I returned to bed, pulled up the covers and contemplated those marvelous times as the first one up in camp within the soft stirrings of the forest and the slowly awakening campgrounds.  In the early years I would complete my morning study, quietly re-enter the tent and gently rub Piper’s arm or back to arouse her from a deep slumber that seemed to be a part and parcel of our camping adventures!  In later years the kids would come bounding out of the tent one by one to greet me and have me accompany them down the camp road that was almost hidden by the big trees on the way to the restroom.  Then when we returned, Piper would peek out her head from the side of the tent flap and brighten the whole camp with that wonderful, heart-warming smile of hers! 

With all those wonderful memories flooding my being, I couldn’t help but fall back asleep with a smile upon my face!

So… that was all part of the life we chose to live.  A life that was loyal to each other and to God.  It seems like each of us are faced on a daily basis with decisions that challenge us to decide who or what we will be loyal to.  Deuteronomy 30:20 tells us “Love the LORD your God, obey him, and be loyal to him.  For he is thy life, and the length of thy days…” (God’s Word©/KJV)  For us, those challenges were too insignificant and came too late!  We had already made up our minds.  We always chose life… we always chose God!  How about you?

Have a great week, and as you do, think about how’ll you’ll decide when faced with those challenges and then say with me… “I am expecting to choose God’s life and God’s ways today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.