Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 14, 2016

What a Day It Will Be!



I had a lot going through my mind as I opened the blinds in our study early this morning.  When I glanced at the calendar on the wall I noticed that today’s date symbolizes my birthday… but to be honest, it just seemed like another day to me.  My wife has been extremely weak over the last few days, I’ve been extra-tired and sore from a recent visit to my local oral surgeon and the need to physically support Piper every time I move her… and then when I looked outside it was muggy and overcast… Oh Joy!

But you know?  What also caught my eye as I looked over our freshly mowed front yard, was that the lawn was finally coming out of dormancy, the green blades of spring were pushing their way through the winter brown and the tree next to our driveway was bursting forth in beautiful white blooms that seemed to be shouting “New Life, New Beginnings!”  Then I glanced straight down out of the study window and looked with excitement at the three once sad looking roses that I lovingly trimmed, cultivated and fed with Bayer’s 2 in 1 Systemic Rose and Flower Care.  The vision of what they’ll look like in a few weeks gave me a shot of hopefulness as I turned back to my desk and the Bible open on it’s top.

From there my eyes went to Philippians 2:13 in the Weymouth New Testament where I read: “For it is God Himself whose power creates within you the desire to do His gracious will AND also brings about the accomplishment of the desire.”  That verse felt like someone had splashed my face with a cool spray of water on a hot summer afternoon!  At that moment in time I found it very hard to be down about the day, my life or anything else for that matter.
I suddenly thought about how He has been leading us without fail or fumble throughout our journey in seeing Piper’s health THROUGH to His glorious and victorious conclusion. 

The peace in KNOWING that He is the One giving us the dreams and desires to do and accomplish what we have set out to do over the last six years flooded my soul.  For not only has Papa God been the source of those dreams and desires but He has also been the One giving us the wisdom, the strength and the fortitude to see them through!

So… I’ve got some nerve to sit around feeling sorry for myself, when He has been the One who has gotten us here.  He is the One that keeps directing and empowering us to stay in the battle and the One who joyfully gives us each day as a special gift from the very throne of His goodness and grace.  

Once again I had to get up and look out the window… but this time I did not see the muggy weather or the grey clouds… I saw the new life bursting from the ground, the flowers shouting from the branches of our tree and I heard the sounds of the birds singing the praises of their Creator from the multitude of trees that surround our beautiful piece of heaven that the good Lord has given to us.

Now that’s an attitude I can live with!  How about you?  It looks like today IS going to be a SPECIAL day after all… and I pray the same for your day as well!  So look for the blessings popping up all around you today, and as you do keep asking yourself… “What GOOD THINGS am I expecting to SEE today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.