Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Another Way To Look At It...


It looks like we are about to get our first taste of East Coast cold weather in the next couple of days!  Today’s temperature is supposed to hit its high in about fifteen minutes and then begin dropping.  My two outdoor thermometers are barely registering thirty degrees while the Yahoo weather page states a current warmth of 39 degrees with a wind chill that makes it feel like 33!  Tonight’s low is supposed to get down to thirteen with Thursday’s daytime high’s ranging in the mid-twenties!  I may actually be forced to put some long pants on!
I am a little amused though, for as I figure it, our stay in Oklahoma must of seasoned us for the cold temperatures.  Don’t get me wrong… it’s cold but it just doesn’t feel that bad to me!  I think that working outside in the windy, cold, twelve degree and lower temperatures while at the Home Depot in Tulsa has had a lasting effect on my stamina!  Hummm… another positive reason for our trek to Oklahoma a few years back!  You think God might have looked ahead and known what He was doing?
And speaking of knowing what He was doing… As my wife, the pooch and I were on one of our walks the other day, I found myself lost in thought and babbling my reasoning’s out loud as we circled our neighborhood.  For whatever reason I suddenly began to think about our journey over the last few years and some of what I can only describe as persecutions that we endured from people close to us.  As their various words and actions came to mind, I began to shake my head in the wonder of it all and then heard the Lord saying that much of what happened was not so much meant as a direct attack against our decisions, but was their own response to the fears that they had to face in light of my wife’s situation.
That revelation put a whole new light on my response to the activities that occurred.  As I vocalized my thoughts I felt a desire to be a part of their healing rising up inside of me.  Then today as I continued to study from Luke 4:18-21, I saw another side to Jesus’ words of promise for 2015 where it is written that He stated, “God’s Spirit is on me; he’s chosen me… to set the burdened and battered free.  (for) This is God’s year to act!” (The Message Bible)  When I read this today, I read it from the standpoint of “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” ( Colossians 1:27 KJV)
My immediate reaction was that “This is God’s year to act!” through you and me!  God’s goodness, faithfulness and love in 2015 isn’t just about the getting but also about the giving of it “so that through the church (ie; you and me!), the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 3:10 ESV)  Those people in my life are full of burdens and have been battered in their lives!  According to the original Greek, they have been bruised, crushed, broken and/or shattered!  These folks… members of my wife’s and my family, need to see God act in their lives THIS YEAR!
If you look around you, I bet that you will also find individuals in your circle of family, friends, co-workers or neighbors in the same place of need!  Do you think that they also may need to see God act in their lives ASAP?  I believe Jesus is saying that this is our year to allow Him to act through us to them!  It is our year to accept His help and step forward in His love and grace to be a part of their solution.
That thought sounds a little bit scary and yet is intriguing at the same time to me!  How about you?  Are you ready for a challenge this year?  How exciting to think that God cares for and has enough trust in you and me for Him to work through us in order to be a part of someone else’s miracle!  Sounds to me like it is time to get into some serious prayer and find out His unique plan for each of us to be a part of… Have a good day!  Stay in tune to His Word and His voice, and keep asking yourself… “What part of God’s miracle am I expecting to be a part of today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.