Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, December 30, 2013

Its a New Day!

As I read and re-read the Christmas story in the various Gospels and Old Testament prophecies over the last week, I found myself continually returning to Zechariah’s prophecy found at the end of Luke chapter one.  Verse seventy-eight tells us that “A new day will dawn on us from above because our God is loving and merciful.” (God’s Word ©)  While this statement is making reference to the incarnation of the Son of God, it also bears a strong reference to the coming of the New Year!

How do you see 2014?  Is it just more of the same, or as the scripture puts it, the dawning of a brand new day?  What are you expecting for 2014?  I am hoping that you, like me, am expecting God’s best!  I am excited about this next year.  I believe that it is a year filled with new adventures in new places.  It is a year to be experienced with the joy of the Lord, directed by His peace, and imprinted with the results of His presence!
As I have begun to pray about the New Year, I am already seeing new directions for us to follow.  It definitely will not be a year for the fearful of heart, but one where we will need to be strong, confident and courageous, where trembling, despair and discouragement cannot be allowed to gain a foothold! (see: Joshua 1:9)
How about you?  Are you excited about His purposes for your 2014?  How do you plan on approaching the New Year?  Are you on the lookout for His success in everything you set your hand to?  As far as I am concerned… that is the ONLY way to approach it!  I would strongly suggest that you make some time over the next day or so and steal away for moments of quiet conversation with the Lord of the universe to make some discoveries of what He has planned for you in 2014.  Remember the last half of Luke 1:78 tells us the new day is dawning because of His intent and nature that is “loving and merciful” toward you (God’s Word ©)
Expect His best and let Him do the rest!  Have a great (new) day.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What NEW and GREAT things am I expecting this New Year?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.